David, from Nakuru in Kenya, has been on the road with us in East and Southern Africa since January 2013.
- What did you do for a living before becoming crew?
I was working on a farm driving trucks, but it was boring and really wasn't for me.
- Why did you become Dragoman crew?
Dragoman is the best company to explore the world.
- What's your favourite destination?
From Ethiopia to Cape Town (so Africa!!)
- What has been your favourite or most memorable occasion on the road?
We got stuck in sand while we were on a game drive in Uganda and then our passengers got out to help push the truck out. We had only just got back on the truck when a lion crossed the road right behind us!
- What's the most essential item in your backpack?
- What is your one piece of advice to future overlanders/passengers?
Don't shout on the truck while we are driving, and always wear a smile!